Global Partners and its employees are committed to our neighbors and the communities where we live and work. That includes helping where help is needed most. For example:
- We’ve partnered with WAGE Centers and the Albany Housing Authority to create a jobs program, matching local residents in need of work with with jobs at Global’s retail and wholesale locations. Visit WAGE Centers for more information on their many important programs and services.
- In 2017, Global donated $6,000 to the Madison Avenue Fire Relief Fund to help more than a dozen local residents affected by the devastating fire on Madison Ave.
- In 2016, Global donated $5,000 to help kids attend summer camps through Albany’s Department of Recreation. It was the first of what will be annual donations for the cause.
- In every community we do business, including Albany, Global annually donates home heating oil to families in need.
- To assist the Albany Fire Department, in 2013 Global contributed $25,000 toward a fire and rescue boat. In 2010, Global donated to the department a foam fire trailer, over $100,000, and additional fire fighting equipment.
- Global teamed with Buckeye Partners, LP in 2015 to donate a state-of-the-art mobile weather station to the Albany County Sheriff’s Office. The mobile weather station assists in the event of any incident involving hazardous materials.
Of personal interest to Global are charities working to cure cystic fibrosis and multiple sclerosis (MS). Sonya Slifka, founder and Abraham’s wife, was diagnosed with MS. This became the genesis for Global’s Cystic Fibrosis & Multiple Sclerosis Fund (CFMS Fund).