Being good neighbors is part of the responsibility that comes with running a facility like our Albany terminal. We’re committed to working with community members and stakeholders, elected officials, and regulatory agencies to ensure everyone’s voice is heard. Though we are far from the only operator in the area, we recognize and embrace our responsibility to operate safely and honestly.
Global Partners has hired Mark Bobb-Semple as a full-time Community Liaison in Albany. Mark has more than 35 years of experience with community involvement in Albany. In his role, Mark is responsible for maintaining positive relationships and two-way communication between Global Partners and the local Albany community.
Community members are encouraged to reach out directly to Mark with any questions they might have.
- Mark Bobb-Semple, Community Liaison
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 775-7093
Global Partners and its employees are committed to our neighbors and the communities where we live and work. That includes providing help where it’s needed most. In Albany, we take great pride in supporting K-12 education and recreation programs, community organizations, as well as public safety.
In Albany and every community we do business in, Global also annually donates home heating oil to families in need. Our Local Giving Includes:
- Albany Police Athletic League Albany Boys and Girls Club
- Albany’s Department of Recreation
- Capital District Black Chamber of Commerce
- Christ Church of Albany
- 4th Family – STEM Through Sports Program
- Giffen Elementary School
- Lark Street Business Improvement District, (including Movies Under the Stars sponsorship)
- Madison Avenue Fire Relief Fund
- TruHeart Holiday Dinner
- WAGE Center at the Albany Housing Authority
The fight against cystic fibrosis and multiple sclerosis (MS) is another cause the founding family is especially committed to. Having personal experience with the effects of MS, they created Global’s Cystic Fibrosis & Multiple Sclerosis (CFMS) Fund to help find a cure.